Hello, my name is Jonathan Hoffer
And I have a website.
I used to write about my outings in Portland, OR. Then I moved to Los Angeles, CA. I continued my outings but stopped writing about them. I can’t remember why.
Perhaps I’ll add more soon.
Currently, I live and work in Los Angeles. I’m a digital marketer with 7 years experience in the space. Mostly leading teams and growing websites through organic channels. I’m trying to dip my toe into paid media, but it’s a little slow.
Sometimes I travel with my wife and our family. Other times we stay home. Both are good.
SEO Manager 12/2021-Present
- Manage a team of 6 SEOs, ranging from junior level to seasoned strategists.
- Create and manage the strategy for enterprise clients. Resulting in 64,000 additional monthly sessions for a single client.
- Create and present monthly and quarterly reports to clients, focusing on agreed upon KPIs.
- Work cross channel with content and data department to meet client needs.
- Create onboarding documentation for new hires.
- Manage company’s SEO contractors, sourcing, associated costs, and invoicing.
Senior SEO Manager 9/2020-10/2021
- Managed and supported a remote team of 5 Account Managers and 3 SEO Specialists with a combined client portfolio of ~100 accounts.
- Collaborated with CEO, owner and management team to improve processes and workflows.
- Developed process to onboard new clients
- Responsible for hiring and training SEO team members.
Preferred Legal Support
SEO Manager 2/2020-9/2020
- Managed and oversaw creation of monthly newsletter, social media channels, and web content.
- Created content strategy for site growth, writing 2 articles a week.
- Performed on-site SEO fixes to ensure best practices.
- Provide company stakeholders with monthly reporting.
Director of Content 1/2019-9/2019
- Defined content strategy for clients, using keyword research and competitive analysis.
- Oversaw team of freelance writers and editors.
- Provided direction to design team for deep content pieces.
- Created internal content guidelines for writers and editors.
American Addiction Centers
(AAC acquired Ranklab 7/2015)
Director of Content 12/2016- 11/2018
- Managed team of 8 across 3 locations.
- Defined content strategy for American Addiction Centers web properties and itssubsidiary Recovery Brands, encompassing 12 branded sites and over 12 lead gensites.
Head of Content and SEO 7/2015-12/2016
- Ensured content meets company brand guidelines.
- Created new content types with goal of increasing user engagement and linkprofile/ promotion efforts and oversee production of up to 200 topical articles amonth.
- Keyword research – Explore keyword/topic opportunities to drive traffic andincrease organic growth to company web properties.
- Found opportunities for on-site SEO growth with goal of increasing userengagement and driving traffic.
- Increased non-branded organic web traffic on AAC sites by 1,600% within two years.
Head of Content and SEO 2/2015-7/2015
SEO Manager 2/2014 – 2/2015
SEO Analyst 11/2013 – 2/2014
Jr. SEO Analyst 7/2013-11/2013
- Performed on site optimization of client sites, keyword research, ideation and content creation using in house and external resources.
- Researched and provided clients with custom content creation working on 20+ sites, ensuring content adheres to brand guidelines.
- Managed $30k in monthly client content budgets.
- Created monthly reports for clients, defining work completed and upcomingdeliverables.
- Interviewed, hired trained junior employees, managed team of 2.
- Provided client strategy, create SEO IAs for new site builds.
Lewis & Clark Law Library
Serials Assistant 1/2012-04/2013
- Worked with publishers to ensure complete coverage of legal materials.
- Assisted in the management of electronic journals database.
Instructor on Record 01/2011-06/2011
Teaching Assistant 01/2010-12/2010
- Created original content for “Introduction to Creative Writing: Fiction.”
- Presented material to class of 22 students, leading discussion to both engage and
instruct students in the elements of fiction writing.
Library Specialist 10/2006-08/2009
- Managed and responded to library’s email account answering questions regarding policy.
- Maintained library’s website, specifically electronic journals database.
- University of California, Davis – Master of Arts English | Creative Writing
- Santa Clara University – Bachelor of Arts (cum laude)English | Minor in History
- 826LA 1/2014 – 1/2017
- Reading to Kids 2016-2017
WordPress | HTML | CSS | SEO | Keyword research | Content Strategy | Google Analytics
Here are a few projects that I helped put together
Client in the highly competitive mental health space.
- Traffic is up 160% from the start of the campaign.
- Leads have increased 10x.
- Nulab – Technology To Get Your Startup Off The Ground
- 1-800-Contacts – Eye care For Rural Communities
- Tickpick – Music Is Inclusive
- Delphi Health Group – Addiction & Disabilities
- American Addiction Centers – Drug Rehab Guide For Veterans
This was a site in the teen substance abuse treatment space that I worked on since it launched.
I focused on content strategy, linkbuilding, and site architecture.
Content Strategy & Creation
The goal was to create content that would attract links and promote the brand.
I researched and created the topics, sourced the writers, edited the pieces, and worked with designers on graphic assets